Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Deeper In for Children Scope & Sequence for the First Year - Grace!

I've been writing about  Deeper In for Children  for a few days, so today I am going to share the scope and sequence for the first year - Grace - to help you see what it is all about. With  Deeper In for Children your church will spend a year focusing on the very important truths of what God's Word - from cover to cover - has to say about Grace. Each quarter has an intentional focus - the first quarter the focus is on our need for Grace. Second Quarter we learn about our challenge to choose Grace. Third quarter we look at how Grace changes us. The fourth quarter we focus on what Jesus wants us to know about Grace by first of all reviewing what we learned about Grace the first month (parents/grandparents are invited to join their children) and then how Jesus shows HIs great love and Grace!

Grace Scope and Sequence First Quarter - My Need for Grace

1. Genesis 1& 2 - God's Plan for a Place for me

2. Genesis 3 - Adam and Eve Sin

3. Genesis 3:15; Isaiah 52; 53 & Matthew 27 - God's Promise of Grace

4. Genesis 6 - 8 – God shows Grace to Noah

5. Genesis 8 – 9:17; I Peter 3:18-22; II Peter 2:5,9 – God remembers Noah and promises life!

6. Genesis 11-12:9; 15 – God promises Grace to Abram

7. Exodus 3,4,5:22-6:12; 7:14-11;12: 31-40 - God does what man can not do, and delivers the Israelites from Egypt

8. Isaiah 9:6,7; Matthew 1:18-2:15; Luke 2:1-20 - God continues to promise a Savior – Jesus comes to bring Grace

9. Matthew 18:10 – I’m lost and need God’s Grace

10. John 3 – Jesus is God’s gift of Grace

11. John 6:1-48 – Jesus is the Bread of Life

12. Matthew 27 -Jesus does what we can not do for ourselves and makes Grace available to us – part 1

13. Luke 24 - Jesus does what we can not do for ourselves and makes Grace available to us – part 2

Second Quarter - Grace Challenges Me - Bible people who had to choose Grace

1. Exodus 12 - the Israelites had to choose God’s Grace to free them from Egypt

2. Exodus 13:17-15:21 – the Israelites had to choose God’s Grace to cross the Red Sea

3. Numbers 21:4 - the Israelites had to choose God’s Grace and forgiveness in the desert with the snakes

4. Judges 13-16 - Sampson had to choose God’s Grace and forgiveness

5. II Kings 22, 23 - Josiah had choose to turn to God’s Grace

6. Jonah - Jonah had to choose the Grace God gives to all of us

7. Mark 2:1-12 – the Paralyzed Man had to choose to accept Jesus’ Grace

8. John 4:1-42 – the Woman at the Well had to choose to listen to Jesus and accept His Grace

9. Luke 8:40-56 – The Dead Girl’s Dad and the Sick Woman had to choose to believe Jesus and accept God’s Grace

10. John 8:2-12 – a Pharisee learned about Grace when Jesus offered Grace to a sinful woman

11. Luke 15:11-32 – the Prodigal Son had to choose to ask for Grace and forgiveness

12. Mark 10:46 - Blind Bartimaeus had to choose to accept God’s Grace when Jesus called him

13. Luke 6:46-49 – Just like two Builders had to choose where to build, I have to choose to build my life on Jesus’ Grace, the Rock for my life!


Third Quarter - Grace Changes Me

1. Genesis 42-45,50; Matthew 18:21 – When I choose Grace, I'll forgive others just like Joseph did

2. I Samuel 17 - When I choose Grace, I'll trust God alone, just like David did with Goliath

3. I Kings 17:1-16; Matthew 6:25; - When I choose Grace, like Elijah at Cherith Brook and with the Widow, I won't worry

4. I Kings 18:16 - When I choose Grace, like Elijah on Mount Carmel, I won't be afraid to stand alone

5. Job 38-42 When I choose Grace, I’ll choose to love and respect God no matter what, like Job did

6. Matthew 7:1; Luke 18:9 - When I choose Grace, I’ll know Grace is a gift from God and I won't judge others, like the Pharisee did when he judged the tax collector

7. Mark 9:33-37 - When I choose Grace, I'll put others first like Jesus taught with a child

8. Luke 6:27-36 - When I choose Grace, I'll love my enemies just like Jesus said and did

9. Luke 19:1-10 – When I choose Grace, I’ll treat people differently, like Zacchaeus

10. Luke 10:25-37 - When I choose Grace, I'll help others just like the good Samaritan did

11. Luke 10:38-42 - When I choose Grace, I'll make the best choice like Mary did

12. Galatians 5:16-26 - When I choose Grace, the fruit in my life will show I belong to Jesus!

13. Mark 13:32; Matthew 24, 25; Revelation 22 - When I choose Grace, I'll watch for Jesus to return

Fourth Quarter - first month – my family learns about Grace, second and third months - Jesus shows His great Grace & His love for me!

1. Acts 9 & 22 - Saul persecuted Christians and needed Grace

2. Acts 9 & 22 - Jesus calls Saul and he decides if he will choose Grace or not

3. Acts 9 & 22 - Saul chooses Grace and his life is changed as he serves Jesus

4. Acts 9:21-31 – Saul/Paul serves Jesus

5. Matthew 4:23 - Jesus shows His great love for me by letting me get close to Him

6. Matthew 5:3 - Jesus shows His great love for me by doing for me what no one else could do to meet my need to know Him

7. Matthew 5:4 - Jesus shows His great love for me by comforting me when I’m sad

8. Matthew 5:5 - Jesus shows His great love for me by showing me what real strength is

9. Matthew 5:6 - Jesus shows His great love for me by promising to fill me when I hunger and thirst for Him

10. Matthew 5:7 - Jesus shows His great love for me by showing mercy to me so I’ll know how to be merciful

11. Matthew 5:8 - Jesus shows His great love for me by making it possible for me to have a pure heart

12. Matthew 5:9 - Jesus shows His great love for me by teaching me what I need to know, to be a peacemaker

13. Matthew 5:10 - Jesus shows His great love for me by helping me when I suffer for doing what is right

Deeper In for Children is a very intentional curriculum and when you use it in your ministry, the children will learn, remember, understand, and know how to live God's Word! You will find a sample Elementary lesson at this link and a Preschool sample lesson at this link - you are able to order and download your Deeper In for Children digital curriculum at this link.

#handdownconfidentfaith #anchored #teachthewhys #DeeperInforChildren  #teachthewhats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deeper In for Children is a Great Fit for Your Church Because . . .

Why is   Deeper In for Children   an excellent choice for your Children's Ministry? There are several reasons why, but one is certainly ...